Welcome!

This blog is for fun and to help my fading memory.I write these stories down strictly for entertainment value and as a bit of an outdoor journal for myself.I hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Background Check













A good way for me to complete this transition from the old blog is to write a few words about myself,so here goes.I'm a 32 year old Mariner that feels 60,physical labor will do that to a man.I grew up in the Tidewater area of the Lower Chesapeake Bay,specifically in Yorktown,Virginia.I grew up fishing and crabbing any and every tidal creek available.I became an expert at getting lost at supper time in the hardwoods of coastal Virginia.I tried college and failed miserably,hey I can't be awesome at everything I do,that's a joke.I worked doing everything from cleaning carpets to tree climbing in my 20's.I was given a chance on a tugboat about eight years ago and I haven't looked back.It was by far the best decision of my short adult life.I bought a house a few years ago not far from where I grew up.Thanks to my job I have had the opportunity to travel to many places in this country as well as other countries.I have been in every major port on the East Coast and the Gulf of Mexico with in the last three years.Unfortunately I don't get to spend much time exploring so I have taken it upon myself to travel in my free time.




























I work to much but I have financial goals that need to be met,that entire social security thing is a joke.We all know it won't be there when we need it.So in my spare time,I go outside in any way possible.Whether it's mowing the grass and trimming the hedges or mucking through a swamp trying to find game,I do it and love it.I push myself and sometimes stretch myself thin,just trying new outdoor activities.Everyone is short on time nowadays so I know they can relate.It's hard when the bass are biting and turkey season comes in.I'm not a professional at anything outdoors,but I retain information like crazy and love learning.Whether it's conservation of native plants and animals or how the new steel waterfowl shot patterns I want to know it all.Admittedly I have a long way to go on this one.My writing is average,see above,and my photography is about the same.I'm more worried about photography because I believe you can get more out of a picture than you can words.So that about sums it up,if you have any comments or questions on how I can make this blog better.leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment